Our History

grounds tar web Grounds web-762 Whole school 1987-224-614
Foundation class 1987
 

Manukau Christian School was established in 1987 in Great South Road, Manurewa, with a small core group of students and was known as St Andrew's Christian School.

Mr Ross Thompson, the pastor of the St Andrew's Presbyterian Church at the time, was pivotal in setting up the school.  Along with parents who sought to be faithful and obedient to the Lord and who wanted an education for their children that was consistent in all aspects with the Christian faith, our school was born.  

Our principal, Mr Shane Kennedy has been employed since 1992.  He was a parent member of the school's founding committee in 1987.  The school has grown and flourished over the subsequent years.

In 2005 we relocated to our new site at Rogers Road and became known as Manukau Christian School. This name reflects our geographical location and the large area that comprises our school community.  The school is a private, non-denominational Christian school, catering for pupils from Year 1 to Year 8, as well as Year 9 in 2015 and Year 10 in 2016.

The school has a strong and well-established reputation for teaching core subjects thoroughly and comprehensively.  We focus upon establishing a foundation of learning and knowledge that will enable children to excel later at senior and tertiary schools.  We measure our children against international benchmarks as set in the Cambridge Checkpoint system to ensure that our pupils are benefiting from "best practice" educational standards and processes.

 

 

OUR MISSION STATEMENT

To pursue excellence for Christ by developing our God-given gifts and using them in His service.

FIND OUT MORE ABOUT US
 
 

CONTACT US

PHONE64 9 269 1050
EMAILadmin@manukauchristian.school.nz